Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Resolutions vs Goals

My Goals for 2014

To me the word resolution stands for something that will not get done. Basically a list of crap that I will promise myself I will work on but won't ever look at again that year. So in 2014 I decided to be different and a bit more realistic (in Laura’s world)... Trust me I always set some crazy goals in hopes that I will get to cross them off my list.

You may be looking at your reading device rather quizzically and asking wtf (sorry if you get offended by my language...but I'm not that sorry) is the difference between a GOAL and a RESOLUTION. Well grab a cup of coffee (I like mine black with 2 sugars) and let me explain.

I can work on my goals at any pace I want. I don't need to feel like I’m in this huge race for who accomplishes their goals the fastest. I hate when people compare my goals to theirs.  Dude, we’re 2 different people, I’m here to support you with yours but don’t try to down play the awesomeness of mine.

Resolutions sound like there's something wrong and needs fixing, where a goal is more of bettering the greatness that is already there. And let me tell you I am great.  Not in the vain sense of the word but more in the “this is exactly where I want to be right now” sense of the word. 

So let’s talk about some of my goals…Scrapbooking… what can I say? I used to love it… A LOT… then life happened and I stopped completely.  My small, yet achievable goal is to get started again.  I decided to try out the “Project Life” layouts as they appear to be the easiest.  All I need to do is take pictures every day… or almost every day.

Another one of my goals is to fall in love with myself… Might sound vain, cocky, ostentatious, narcissistic- pick a word, I don’t care.  We all have flaws, my goal is to love all of mine and even if I want to correct a flaw I need to still be grateful for what I have.  I guess you can say I need to look at the positive side of things.

My other goals I will be discussing in greater detail at another time as they are too lenghty to discuss all in 1 post.

 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2075971/?claim=f53pqny88j3">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment